What is Non-Basmati Rice?
Rice is basically a staple in every Indian household with numerous benefits. It comes in a wide range, each with its own characteristics. However, Basmati rice is labelled as the king of rice, you can also find a massive variety of This rice. Yes, Basmati rice is indeed flavorful and lengthy, but you can’t deny the taste and texture non-basmati rice adds to dishes. In India, Shri Lal Mahal is known to deliver fine quality and healthiest rice.
Introducing Non-Basmati Rice
Before discussing the different types, let’s quickly understand what non-basmati rice is. This rice is like any other kind of rice available in the market, but not quite similar to Basmati rice. It is known to have shorter grains and doesn’t have the same ‘distinct’ aroma or flavour as This Rice . Instead, This rice has its own unique flavour and scent.
Most people use this rice variants to cook several different dishes like rice and beans, curry and rice, fried rice and more. Most importantly, this type of rice comes in various sizes and shapes, easily available in the market. A few varieties are slender and long. Besides, the hygienic and rigorous processing with safe packing of the it is makes it one of the most demanded products.
Types of Non-Basmati Rice
Let’s dive into the world of non-Basmati rice varieties mentioned below:
1. PR 11 Non-Basmati Rice: PR 11 non-basmati rice is widely cultivated in the northern states of India like Punjab, UP, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana. It is known to have less scratch and easy-to-digest properties. This rice has a uniform grain size and is non-sticky when cooked. Most rice exporters in India deal with premium quality rice, which is hygienically processed and cleaned. It is well-processed under the professional supervision of those who offer special care to rice and get it tested based on strict parameters of the food industry.
2. Parmal Non-Basmati Rice: Parmal non-basmati rice is known for its versatility and flexibility when cooked, as it never loses its nutrients. Moreover, the grains are fluffy, separate and non-sticky after cooking. Also, its aroma and delectable taste can charm all the food lovers. This rice has various nutrients like fiber, minerals, and carbohydrates. That’s why it has become a top choice for many diet planners. In fact, this rice is well-produced organically, going through agroclimate conditions with efficient utilization of natural fertilizers.
3. Round Non-Basmati Rice: Round non-Basmati rice is known to be soft, very sticky and quicks quite fast. After cooking, this rice releases starch and absorbs more than normal. It is perfect for cooking both sweet and savory dishes. In fact, you can use this rice to cook porridge and pudding. Additionally, many rice brands in India provide top quality Round rice which is widely preferred for various dishes like glutinous rice for sushi and rice balls, Spanish rice for paella and risotto rice for risotto. Moreover, it has short, plump and round kernels like grains.
4. Sona Masuri Rice: Sona Masuri rice is a kind of non-Basmati rice that is a mixture of two different rice varieties, Sona and Masuri. Moreover, it is known to be the most popular this rice as it has less starch and is digestible. Popular for its sweetness and soft texture, this rice will boost the taste of any dish you cook. Best for preparing dishes like biryani, porridge, Pongal and more.
5. IR 64 Rice: Most rice companies in India produce IR 64 non-Basmati rice, which is popular for its taste, aroma, texture and nutritional value. Most importantly, this rice is very easy and quick to cook. Besides, hygienic processing and clean packaging of rice are mandatory for the product to get widely popular.
6. Jeera Rice: Due to its excellent flavor, smooth texture and majestic aroma, most rice lovers choose this pure and budget-friendly This rice. As it has a sticky texture, this rice takes less time to cook and releases a pleasant aroma when cooked. It is successfully done through advanced technology and under the rigorous supervision of professionals. Thus, the final product doesn’t have dust, caulk and any other unwanted particles.
Benefits of Non-Basmati Rice
This rice, often overlooked in favor of its more famous counterpart, basmati rice, has several unique benefits. Let’s explore some of the advantages of non-basmati rice:
1. Diverse Varieties: This rice comes in a wide range of varieties, each with its own taste, texture, and color. This diversity allows for food creativity and incorporating different rice types into various dishes.
2. Adaptable in Cooking: This rice can be used in a wide variety of dishes, from savory to sweet, and it easily absorbs the flavors of the ingredients and seasonings you use. It’s a versatile ingredient for cooking diverse meals.
3. Nutritional Value: Many This types rice , such as brown rice and red rice, retain their outer layers and bran, which are rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. This makes non-basmati rice a healthy choice that supports digestive health and overall well-being.
4. Affordability: This rice is usually more budget-friendly than basmati rice, making it a cost-effective option for families and individuals who want to enjoy rice as a staple food without breaking the bank.
5. Energy Source: This rice is an excellent source of carbohydrates, which provide essential energy to keep you active and alert throughout the day. It’s a staple food for many cultures, helping to fuel their daily activities.
Facts About Non-Basmati Rice
- Different types of This rice are grown in various parts of the world, like India, Thailand, China, and the United States.
- Some types of This rice can have a mild, sweet aroma when cooked, even though it’s not as strong as basmati rice’s famous fragrance.
- These rice varieties have been nourishing people for centuries, providing energy and sustenance in countless dishes worldwide.
In conclusion, This rice is also equally delicious and nutritious as other types of rice grains. It is widely considered an essential part of the everyday Indian diet because of its various health benefits. Moreover, there are top companies like Shri Lal Mahal that deliver premium quality non-basmati rice ranges for affordable prices. This rice undergoes various quality parameters to preserve the moisture content. To maintain its nutrient values, the rice is well-packed in a zip lock or airtight container in favourable quantities. So, the next time you see a plate of This rice, you’ll know that it’s not just one type; it’s a whole family of rice varieties waiting to delight your taste buds and keep you healthy.